Wednesday, May 2, 2018

New songs for May 2nd 2018

here they are:


"Broken" by lovelytheband: Four chord indie-techno-pop is becoming common nowadays, and lovelytheband (is that to be said all in one breath?) is proof of this. Not a whole lot of changes or twists and turns in their song, "Broken", which borrows a bit from MGMT's "Kids" and makes it a bit more swallowable for soft rock stations to handle. The lyrics are worth noting, though, for their bittersweet quality. "I like that you're broken, broken like me, maybe that makes me a fool", lead singer Mitchy Collins says during the chorus, and follows it up with, "I like that you're lonely, lonely like me, I could be lonely with you". Essentially, the song's message is that two flawed people can make good partners for one another. I would be in favor of that sentiment.


"Childhood Goodbye" by Madisen Ward and The Mama Bear: It only seems fitting that a mother and son duo would do a song about childhood, doesn't it? That's exactly what happens on "Childhood Goodbye" by Madisen Ward and The Mama Bear. A key lyric in this poignant song comes in the beginning when Madisen sings, "Held my own, skin and bone, ain't much left to give". This line, which seems to be a woeful yet realistic reflection on what it's like to grow up, sets the tone for the whole song. The fact his mom is backing him up throughout the song only makes it that much more bittersweet but oh so precious to listen to!